Saturday, April 4, 2009

Peanut Butter, Pickle and Potato Chip Sandwich

Since I'm typing between delectable bites of my favorite sandwich, I thought I'd knock out a quick post extolling the virtue of

Peanut Butter, Pickle and Potato Chip Sandwiches
I don't remember exactly when I discovered this delightful combination of flavors and textures, but it goes back a long way. A quick search just now reveals that I'm not the only one who has stumbled on this seductive combination, although I haven't found anyone else who includes the crowning finish of adding potato chips in the middle and smashing the whole thing flat.

The tart crunch of the pickles (for me only hamburger dills will do) mixed with the smooth......."peanut butter" taste of peanut butter (how else do you describe it?) is a complex yet complementary combination of flavors. For me the potato chips add an extra dry and salty crunch that both offsets and soaks up some of the juicy tartness of the pickles. Besides, the muffled shattering sound of the potato chips breaking into a hundred pieces during the smashing process makes me feel like a god.

DO NOT scoff at this creation until ye have partaken thereof!

1 comment:

Hophead said...

When I was a kid I used to eat lettuce and potato chip sandwiches on white bread with mayonnaise. And I still enjoy another childhood favorite, thin-sliced radishes on buttered bread, mmm-mmm!